Saturday, June 7, 2008

On the road again







This past week, I had the opportunity to travel with Jim to Indianapolis, IN for a seminar that Jim was scheduled to attend. We had a wonderful visit to a city that we have never been to. Below are some pictures of our time there. We were able to walk the gardens of our 23rd President of the United States, President Harrison. The rose and herb gardens were gorgeous. We weren't able to tour the home due to time conflicts. We had a great opportunity to attend an outside concert and see Cheryl Crowe (3 row seats from the stage). It was a great concert and within walking distance of our hotel. The river and canal walks were breathtaking and full of sites to enjoy. I went to the state museum to view over 65 hand-made quilts from the 1800's made by Amish families in IN. I wasn't able to get pictures in the museum, but I still can recall the detail and even the imperfections in the quilts. Viewing them showed areas of peoples' lives and how special a craft quilt making is. I will share a picture of a quilt that I currently quilting and pieced together. When it is finished it will be used in our bedroom.




4 Comments:

At June 14, 2008 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Jeanne M. said...

I love your quilt, but aren't you "cheating" by quilting by machine? I remember the first quilt I did was with the ladies at S. Dot Rown helped me learn how to quilt by hand, but I still don't like doing it.

How many have you done?

 
At June 14, 2008 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Jeanne,

It's a light fixture and a place to "hold" my thread and needles. It's not a long arm!! :-D I'm doing it by hand the entire, king-size quilt. I pieced it together and I've been working on it a little at a time. I love it. My grandmother showed me how to quilt by hand. I do some smaller projects by machine and my piecing is by machine, but not the quilting. I've done a few but they have been baby quilts for gifts and things like that.

 
At June 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Jeanne M. said...

Well, I am really impressed - a king size quilt. I love to do piecing by hand, but don't care for applique. I did a queen size top that the ladies at W.C. helped me quilt by hand. I have bought several "Block of the Month" quilt pieces, one of which I started, then sent everything to Pawleys Island, SC for ladies to finish at a quilt shop I had visited. They were doing quilts for Katrina victims. I have another set of patterns, plus repro fabrics that I want to do someday, but don't want different patterns, so will decide on the one I like best. Still don't know how I will get it finished.

When is the wedding?

 
At June 15, 2008 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Tina said...

You are definitely not a beginner quilter. What a lovely gift to those without!!! I feel I truly am in the infant stages of learning this trade, but I do enjoy it when I have the time to spend doing it. It is not easy to sit and quilt during the summer months, but I do try now and then to work on it a "little here and a little there".

In answer to your question the wedding is Nov 8, 2008!! Not too far away :-D We are truly blessed to have a wonderful son-in-love-to-be!! We pray are relationship with Lindsay will only grow deeper and stronger.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home