Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I've got the music in me

It has been awhile since my last post. The month of April is filled with daily/weekly activities as well as my music students preparing for the upcoming recital. There is a special feeling about this particular recital...it will be my last. I plan to stop my private music teaching the end of this month. This decision was not one that was made over a few days.

Looking back, I have been instructing beginners in flute, piano with a few vocal students thrown in, over the last 30 years! I have LOVED the interaction and the growth that I have seen taking students from knowing nothing, or almost nothing muscially, on the flute and piano to actually playing recognizable songs. I will always have a connection with this type of teaching, but at this time I am ready for my weekly instruction to end. I have built up my "practice" over the years from full-time to part-time to periodical times and back again. The wonderful ability to do what I do is a blessing in itself. Just time for change :-D I usually end a full schedule of teaching through the summer months, so I won't feel "different" until possibly in the Fall, but I also know that I have many opportunities ahead of me to assist musically outside our home and I am looking forward to that as well.

I hope to begin some college courses again and refresh myself with studies and finish my degree with the possibility of using it to teach music sometime in a private school setting. I may just use my talent to teach my future grandchildren (down the road). I may just enjoy the ability to participate in musical groups or privately playing, which has been very hard to do over the years because of my teaching schedule. Who knows, I may be "recruiting" students down the road, but this is the right thing at the right time.

I hope to post a picture of my students after the recital. This is a very exciting time for the students and I love seeing the proud faces of the parents and grandparents. Enjoy the daily blessings of living your lives.

Next is MAY, weddings, graduations, meetings with caterers, photographers, etc. Living a full life :-D More later!!!

2 Comments:

At April 11, 2008 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Clay is preparing for his first recital in June. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for adding us to the prayer list.

Love you, A

 
At April 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Tina and Jim said...

I remember our "first" recitals!!! Enjoy. What is Clay performing? BTW, yummy, yummy on the cream pie :-D I found a great little DIVA place that serves cupcakes, pricey, but DElicious. It is on main street in Newark. Jim and I had dinner and an enjoyable walk, which we do as often as we can in Newark (more in the summertime when school is not in session--less congestion). We'll have to make that a definite stop on our DE Diva weekend in the future!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home