Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekend Events

The weekend began with my last music recital. I will post a picture of my 10 students later when I get back to my personal computer. It is getting a "checkup" and will be returned to me in a few days. I have the blessing of working on Jim's computer and can do all things, except place my new pics on it. The recital went well and the students performed to the best of their abilities for their families. It is always a great evening. The night was somewhat emotional when I began stating the that there will be light refreshments provided and to thank the parents for allowing me the opportunity to share music in the lives of their children. My heart was very touched by the responses. Jim, my dearest love of my life and best friend, presented me with a touching gift and beautiful card and shared some thoughts with the group, which made my emotional level harder to control. The evening was very memorable and I will always be thankful for the gift of teaching music and continue to serve in capacities when I am able to do so.

The next day, early this morning, Saturday, we began another adventure...moving our daughter, Megan back home....her apt. contract is up and she is moving home until her wedding in Nov. We had Lindsay, our future son-in-love, and a close friend of Megan's Dan, Jim and myself. (Matt. our son, is serving at the Senior High retreat this weekend). We were able to pack up the cars/truck and haul items to our home in Bear, DE as well as Lindsay's (and Megan's) new home in Odessa, DE. We were finished with unloading in Odessa by 11:30 a.m. The rest of the afternoon, Megan and I worked on getting things somewhat in order (at least to sleep tonight) for her in her room. It is a new adventure to say the least, but has some old memories, though different with time. These next months, I will as a mother, treasure all the times with her. She has grown into a beautiful young God-loving, Christian woman and we are SO very proud of her and all she represents. She is one of my best friends and we enjoy being together as well as she and her father enjoy their time together. We are truly blessed. The plans for the wedding are going well. There will be more stories and "adventures" until the wedding.

That was our weekend. Tomorrow we will worship with our church family, Jim is speaking, which is always a treat. Megan and I are then off to a bridal shower hosted by our another family church for 4 college students that are getting married this year. It should be a fun afternoon.

Weekend events....before I know it....it will be Monday. Enjoy the small daily blesses..they are such a gift.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home