Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What I've learned

The last several months I have had the privilege to participate in an evening bible study entitled, "Lies Women Believe", by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Some of the things that I have learned through this study have been a renewal in sorts...I knew them, but didn't use them so to speak.

What I have learned: personally, that I crave my study time with God. I look forward to it and when I don't organize my day in a way that I can partake in my quiet time, I miss it! What I have learned: The better acquainted I'm with the Bible, the better I will able to identify the Satan's lies and bring to mind God's Truth. What I have learned: When I learn the Truth, believe it, surrender to it, and live it, I find myself set free and live it abundantly.

The Truths that I have learned:
  1. God is Good
  2. God loves me and wants me to have His best!
  3. I am complete and accepted in Christ!
  4. God is enough!
  5. God can be trusted.
  6. God doesn't make any mistakes.
  7. God's Grace is sufficient for me!
  8. The blood of Christ is sufficient to cover all my sins.
  9. The Cross of Christ is sufficient to conquer my sinful flesh.
  10. My past does not have to plaque me!
  11. God's word is sufficient to lead me, teach, me and heal me.
  12. Through the power of His Holy Spirit, God WILL enable me to do anything He commands me to do.
  13. I am responsible before God for my behavior, responses, and choices.
  14. I will reap WHATEVER I sow.
  15. The pathway to true joy is to relinquish control!
  16. The greatest freedom I can experience is found through submission.
  17. In the Will of God, there is no higher, holier calling than to be a wife and mother!
  18. Personal holiness is more important than temporal happiness.
  19. God is more concerned about changing me and glorifying Himself then about solving my problems.
  20. It is impossible to be godly without suffering.
  21. My suffering will not last forever.
  22. It's not about me; it's all about Him!

What I've learned, I pray that God will continue to develop in me through my daily service and may He continue to show me the more I learn the more I need to learn.

Our small evening group of Christian friends will get together again the end of May for dinner and picking our next topic of study. May God continue to direct my steps in my daily walk.

Have a wonderful week! What an awesome God we have to praise and worship.

2 Comments:

At April 26, 2008 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Wow, what a powerful experience you had. I can see from your list that I'm missing somethings in my own walk.

 
At April 26, 2008 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Tina and Jim said...

It was a great experience. Megan is reading the book now that I'm finished with it and she will benefit from the highlights that I placed throughout the book as well as the entire book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home