Thursday, February 11, 2010

Long time no hear?

It's been a little while since I last posted.  My daily activities have been somewhat modified due to getting over this on-going sickness.  As of today, I'm much improved, thanks to the prayers, and the wisdom of my doctor prescribing the right medication.  I'm feeling almost back to myself. 

I've also had unexpected happenings....you will see below what we've been doing, most of the eastern coast has been doing the same thing.  My wonderful husband has been doing the work, I've been taking care of having him here 24/7 for several days in a row now.  The beauty of this time of year is Spectacular....but I'm soooo ready for Spring and all that it offers.  I received this scripture from a friend and thought it was so appropriate to share.

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow… (Isaiah 1:18)

Though Winter is not my favorite season, I love all the seasons and what they bring. I found this scripture to be a cleansing, much like the snow that we all are experiencing here on the Eastcoast.  The new fallen snow is so pure, clean, untouch, and bright!  When Jesus touches us through our true confession of our sin; we become so pure, clean, bright, and guilt-free.  Though I'm not a snow-lover, I love the reminder that a snow like this gives me. The reminder that my life is one of grace and totally forgiveness through Jesus.  Thank you Jesus for your mercy, and making me whiter than snow.

This last picture is 2.10.10 mid-afternoon.  We had been without electric power since 10:00 a.m. and I decided to "make" a late lunch early dinner (thinking we would be trying to find something to eat in the dark).  We ended up having beef stew with cornbread and while the grill was on I heated a large pot of water for hot drinks.  Our dinner was very good!  The water was a bonus to rinse the dishes and allow for hot water for us through the evening hours.  We made a good decision...our electric did not come back on until 11:00 p.m.  Though it was 13-hours of no heat, or electric, we know how blessed we were to have propane for heat, blankets, layers of clothing.  Many others have far less without the cause of a power outage.

2 Comments:

At February 11, 2010 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Sean and Lisa said...

Tina,
Love the verses, what a great visual reminder during this snowy season!
Absolutely loved your idea of using the grill. I'll have to keep that in mind if we don't have electricity.
And what a yummy meal too!
Thinking of yous and keeping yous in prayer!
Much love!

 
At February 11, 2010 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Thanks Lisa! I'm sure you all have your snow to deal with as well. We're hoping to invest in a small generator "just in case", there is another time for no electric or power. Always lifting you and yours in prayer.

~Tina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home