Saturday, January 2, 2010

ABC'S of Life (and for the New Year)

I have permission from a dear friend to post the following "steps" for a better 2010.  Thanks Andrea!!  I haven't taken the time to look up scriptures for all these, but several came to mind while I read this advice.  It already made a difference for me, because I started looking up scriptures that equal these statements.  It was a great way to begin 2010 on a personal note!  I may even list the scriptures in a future blog as an "update".  May you find more contentment, more peace in your personal life this New Year.  Enjoy the smaller things...they are the best!!!    ~Tina

ABC'S FOR LIFE
Accept differences
Be Kind
Count your blessings
Dream
Express thanks
Forgive
Give freely
Harm no one
Imagine more
Jettison anger
Keep confidences
Love truly
Master something
Nurture hope
Open your mind
Pack lightly
Quell rumors
Reciprocate
Seek wisdom
Touch hearts
Understand
Value truth
Win graciously
Xeriscape
Yearn for peace
Zealously support a worth cause.

2 Comments:

At January 4, 2010 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Sean and Lisa said...

Tina, again you find these awesome things!! Thanks for sharing but umm, I do have one question....what is xeriscape? I've never heard of that. I'll have to look it up.

If only everyone, everywhere could follow these ABC's each day oh what a world it would be.

Hanging it on my fridge for a constant reminder to myself.
Much love!

 
At January 4, 2010 at 2:08 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Thanks Lisa! As for the definition to xeriscape. See the following:

a landscaping method developed especially for arid and semiarid climates that utilizes water-conserving techniques (as the use of drought-tolerant plants, mulch, and efficient irrigation)

Kinda of a cool word. We are Christians should be aware of wastefulness with "our earth". It too was a gift for the ultimate Creator.

I agree that it would be a much different world if all would follow the ABC'S. I'm going to attempt to make it a "different world" in my little world and pray for a ripple effect throughout those I come in contact with throughout my daily events. It is too much to think about the entire world. Better for me to make positive changes in my "world".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home