Friday, January 8, 2010

A New Year! A New Way of Thinking

I have had a personal encounter. It wasn't anything earth shattering, but at the same time, it was life changing for me personally. I have a tendency to receive many good opportunities. You're thinking, well that's something we all want! YES, I would answer you, but for me it becomes an issue of too much of a good thing. I thought I was maturing in this aspect, but finally I realize that it is not a bad thing to be the recipient of opportunities. The "bad thing" (for lack of better words) is that just because the opportunities presented are good, they may not be the opportunity for my best interest at this time. I have always been away of "keeping a door open" when moving on to something new or different. I guess I also don't want to miss a "good opportunity”. My realization is simple. Opportunities will continue to come and I must evaluate all aspects of those opportunities then make my decision. Knowing that with this decision doors "may close", but "others always open". That's the key!! A good opportunity for you, if offered to me may not be good, but in the past I tried the option with results of stress, anxiety, lack of purpose. We all have opportunities and with prayer and evaluation we confidently "open the door" or "close the door" to that opportunity. 

This post was more of babbling then encouragement for those few that read this blog. This was a "shot in my arm" for how I make choices and follow through on those choices. I am thankful for all my opportunities, but I am very thankful for God allowing me to learn this process through maturity of my choices.

I'm at a good place in my life. I'm grateful to say that with confidence and hope for what lies ahead. God continues to amaze me and comfort me in my opportunities.


May your day be filled with opportunities that are stress-free and joyful. Ps 138:3

1 Comments:

At January 9, 2010 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Sean and Lisa said...

I love to read your words as you process and grow to be even more like Him. We can learn from it ourselves.

Praying God's abundant blessings upon each of you this year!

Much love!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home