Thursday, January 21, 2010

God’s Closet


 I've been purging some closet's the last few weeks and have several more areas to purge.  As I have been working on organizing areas I had several thoughts popping in my mind.  The ideas may be a bit jumbled, but I thought I would share my blabbings with my blogger friends.  If you desire, I'd love to hear your comments. (I always do). 



Every morning we go to the closet and decide what we’re going to wear. It’s one of the 1st decisions of the day. Will it be jeans/dressclothes/sweats? Black/brown/cotton/wool? If you’re the parent of small children, you choose clothes for them to wear even though you know you’ll probably hear them say, “I don’t want to wear that! I was reading in Colossians 3 and it reminded me of decisions of clothing to wear? God Himself has a clothes closet and we’re able to make the selections of what we want to wear as well!


Col. 3:12 As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with….. Paul goes on to list 5 wardrobe selections: compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.


You might think, well today I don’t want to put on patience, at least not until I have a chance to give my husband a piece of my mind about some incident that happened! Humility? I’m a bit too big for humility to fit at this moment. Gentleness not today!!! Kindness, now that something I wish the kids would practice with each other instead of arguing over who gets what!!


The fact that Paul says we can “put on” these qualities enables us to choose!!!! I have something to do with whether or not these qualities are evident in my life. That means it’s pretty important that I get up in the morning in time to get “dressed” spiritually from God’s wardrobe BEFORE I face my day. (and many of you know that I’m not a morning person) But individual pieces of clothing don’t necessarily make an outfit. Over all these virtues PUT ON LOVE, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Love is the garment that coordinates and pulls the outfit all together. Love is what makes me “pleasing to the eye”.


Wouldn’t we all be a lot more attractive if we dressing God’s wardrobe?

~Tina

2 Comments:

At January 21, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Cherished Treasures said...

Love this Tina...good insight and application to that passage. Thank you! Mari-Jan

 
At January 22, 2010 at 12:19 AM , Blogger Sean and Lisa said...

Oh so good! I'll admit many days I am not "dressed" as I should be but praise God for His grace and mercy and another chance!

This was such a great analogy!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home