Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's finished

Above is a picture of my first super-large quilting project.  I think it turned out nicely.  The idea was created about 2 1/2 years ago, when I took my first 12-hour (3 sessions) how to make a quilt class.  I was hooked!!  Since I "graduated" from the course, I have made several baby quilts, hanging quilts, placemats, lapquilts, but I never thought I would attempt a project like the one above the week after I finished the course.  I started cutting and making the pillows with a dear friend, thanks Debbi.  The finished products of the pillows as good and I thought, "if I can do pillows with different designs, I can easily do a quilt with the same pattern for our bed."  That was the beginning of my journey!  After measuring and cutting and places the squares together and sewing and doing the process all over again, I was able to create the top of the quilt.  I was going to start the hand-quilting process and my husband surprised me with a wonderful quilting stand that will hold all sizes of projects; from baby size quilt to king-size quilt.  The quilt above is a king-size quilt.  It WAS a huge undertaking.  I thought I could get this done in "no time".  I forgot about how "life" would enter in to my quilting world.  My goal was to work on the quilt about 1-2 hours a day.  That happened for only a short time. Last night I placed the last stitch in the binding of the quilt.  It is now "on display" on our bed bringing all the colors and decor together.  It was well worth the wait and the time and effort.
Through the hand quilting of the binding, I began to see how this quilt has been an example of my life.  I have many great opportuntities, though I am not always able to concentrate on one aspect of those opportuntities, if I continue to do my best, and give it my best when I'm able to, the end result will be a sense of accomplishment as well as a satisfaction of completion.  I have struggled with dong the right thing most of my life.  Trying to find out what the definition of the right thing is for myself and those involved in my life as well as how my choices will allow others to see that Christ is the center of my life.  The quilting project showed me that the choice is always there, I just need to keep the focus and with patience, effort, and yes some sacrifice all the great opportunitites that I want to do and choose to do can be achieved, and with in turn I will see that the choices I made were the right choices for me.

"...you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God." Col 1:10
Philippians 1:6...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Have a great week!

2 Comments:

At February 16, 2010 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Sean and Lisa said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful!!

 
At February 16, 2010 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Thanks sweet friend!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home