Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ringing out the old and Bringing in the New

The new picture on my blog is from the Yuletide tour, which we took this past weekend while mom and dad were down for Christmas. 

 Jim and I just returned from a few days in old Colonial Williamsburg.  We have been there two times before and each time we enjoy something new and absorb the feeling of living in the 17th and 18th centry. This particular time we stayed right on one of the colonial properties, which enabled us to walk to all the streets.  We also selected several performances to attend, including a brass quartet, a glass armonica and a hammer dulcimer concert.  We participated in illumination of the streets as well as local food establishments and a little shopping.  We heard a dramatic speech by Thomas Jefferson and saw how individuals of certains times celebrated Christmas and New Year.  We toured several homes and enjoyed how they decorated with only natural and fresh ingredients.   I will post are a few pictures of our lastest adventures at my next posting.  We have been blessed to go on weekend trips this entire year and pray to be able to continue doing this when our schedule allows. 

We are truly blessed.  I want to take this time to wish you all a very Blessed New Year.  I want to ask that you continue to keep us in your prayers as we begin the New Year, as we will you and yours.  I know that God has great things planned for those that love Him.  I look forward to His riches and pray that I learn how to be more like Him from His refining.  As we leave 2009 and venture into 2010 may you find contentment, peace and purpose in your daily lives.

~Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home