Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008 is gonna be great!!!


It is the 3rd of January already. At my last blogging, you met our soon-to-be son-in-love :-D We are thrilled, but since that time we have seen several possible locations for the actual ceremony as well as several places for the reception. Some of the reception places didn't have the available date (11.8.08) and it was the end of December. We have been working on the place for the wedding and reception (WE GOT THE PLACE), colors (WE GOT THE COLORS), size of the wedding party, photographer, DJ, and the dreaded guest list (STARTED DWINDLING IT DOWN ALREADY). As the mother-of-the-bride, I plan to keep in mind that the guest list is family, very close friends of the bride/groom and immediate family. There will be some disappointed, but hopefully they will understand if not at the present time in time. Jim says this is not going to be a problem...he'll "handle any disappointments", so I'm leaving that part to him!!

This is a very exciting time in our household. In fact this Sunday Megan and I and possibly her grandmother are going to a bridal shop to try picking out the wedding dress. I tear just writing the words wedding dress!!!

I pray daily that all the hustle and bustle of this preparation for this wonderful day I can "treasure and ponder in my heart", rather than be hurried, rushed, and anxious. My relationship with our daughter is one that is a deep friendship and we have always enjoyed doing things together and so far, the wedding preparations have been this way. I am so thankful for my relationship with Megan and pray it is always strong.


Have a great week.

2 Comments:

At January 8, 2008 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

What a fun time. I will never have the opportunity to share in this part of a wedding experience, having boys only. I think I'll be okay with it! Please keep posting about all the two of you and others do to prepare for the wedding. I am a romantic at heart and still enjoy the hub-bub that goes into them.

Those of us who aren't invited will understand. Anyone who has ever planned a wedding, been involved in a wedding ect... and who love you, will be joyful for your families no matter what. Everyone knows weddings are expensive. I think the best weddings are intimate family and friends. Small is nice!

Don't fret over others thoughts, pray for their hearts.

Do try to soak up the year and let it go slowly. Enjoy!

Love, DivA

 
At January 9, 2008 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Tina and Jim said...

Andrea,

We WILL keep you informed. This past Sunday, Megan, myself and mom went dress shopping for the bridal dress. It was a very memorable time for all three generations and such a wonderful experience. The emotions in myself at this time are almost overwhelming. We are truly so blessed and happy for both Megan and Lindsay. I am trying to soak up the events and as Mary did "ponder them in my heart". It is a great time of enjoyment.

BTW, we did find the "perfect dress" and purchased it that day.

I love your line about "don't fret over others thoughts, pray for their hearts." I plan to remember that if/when the circumstance arises with the guest list.

Thank you for your dear frienship.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home