Sunday, November 18, 2007

'Tis the season

"It's the most wonderful time of the year." Though I don't LOVE the continual cold wintry weather. I LOVE the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. My FAVORITE, ALL-TIME and ALWAYS show is Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer. I have it on DVD and know practically every line of the show (my family says that I know all the lines). This picture is my desktop screensaver at the present time. Just looking at that little creative creature puts a smile on my face.

Every year at this time, I recall wonderful memories growing up. There were some sad years too, but the spirit of Christmas was always present. God IS so good. As a pre-teen and teenager this time allowed me to feel comfortable with sharing God's love and as I grew older I saw this time of year as an opportunity to continue to share with neighbors and strangers that there is still "good" within the area that we live. There is a purpose and that purpose is JESUS. We are such a blessed nation and we as followers and believers need to share this good news and especially now. YES, there are great "Santa claus" shows soon coming to a TV set near you--(Rudolph is a classic). Enjoy them, but also take this time to share what our existence here on earth is all about, JESUS!!!! Maybe if we share Him during this season, we'll show others that He's the reason for every season.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving and make memories that you will be reminded of throughout the other 11 months of the year. Think about ALL the blessings we are SO richly given and share them with your family and friends. Do something for someone else :-D That's what it's about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home