Saturday, October 27, 2007

R U being deceived?

Last Tuesday night, I had the privilege to begin an indepth Bible Study with a small group of ladies. A week or two earlier we went to "shop" for our new study. We decided to work on a course of study entitled, "Lies Women Believe and the Truth that sets them Free" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. About a week before our study time together I purchase the actual book to accompany the companion guide that we'll be using. As I began to skim the book, I thought to myself, this book is a good addition to my work with mentoring, but I'm not sure how much I can personally relate to this subject. So, I began to work on the companion guide with an open heart and the idea that even though "I'm not being deceived", I can definitely learn some pointers to use and share. WOW, was I deceived!!!! My heart was definitely pierce as I read and searched the scriptures.

All of us, if we are honest are deceived by something in this world. Thankfully God is gracious and saw that my eyes and my lack of being humble needed an adjustment. I am totally absorbed in this study as a student of more knowledge. I do know that I will be able to share these thoughts with my mentoring. Mentoring is something that is close to my heart.

Some questions to ponder that are shared in the book: Is God good?, How can God Loves me?, Is God enough?, God's way is a miserable way to live?, Having God means life is problem-free? There are just a few thoughts. It is a study worth doing.

I will continue to share thoughts about our Christian walk and being deceived while serving God in this world again as well as some thoughts on recent books and studies that I am also working on.

Satan is good at his job, but God is SOOOOO much better. Enjoy your week and continue to pray for discernment that you will be able to choose correctly and not be deceived.

2 Comments:

At November 12, 2007 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

The book sounds good. Do you think it could be done on a Sunday morning or is it more indepth than that? Keep sharing about it.

 
At November 13, 2007 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Tina and Jim said...

Andrea,

I'm sure it could be done as a Sunday morning study. You would have to take the questions and either choose some to answer or do each lesson in a two week period. I'll keep sharing. We meet this week. :-)

Tina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home