Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Right or Wrong?



Today I had the opportunity to have a one-on-one lunch with a very close, dear friend. We discussed many things when we're together and today was no different :-D


One item of discussion was how do you know if after much time in prayer and mediation, you make a decision and after making it (several months or even weeks after the decision is made), you see that maybe it wasn't the correct decision? It may look like it was the correct decision for others, but personally not for you. Do you stay with the decision, even if you struggle with your own spiritual health or your family struggles? How do you know that it was the correct decision??!?! When doubt enters is it satan working his "magic"? In my case, more prayer is and continues to being said and I am being very precised when giving it to God about the situation as I'm looking for the answer once again. Will the answer come, and again, will it be the correct answer, how will I know?!?!


The next question to ponder, what will those that I associate with throughout my walk think of the result of my "new" decision. Would I be judged differently because some may see the decision as ridiculous, or silly, or "there she goes again". Some may see it as something they wish that they would/could change. This entry I'm sure isn't making alot of sense, but it is burning inside me and has been for awhile. Just wondering!!!


Thoughts? If you understand my ramblings, I'd love to hear what you think.

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2007 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Your post makes perfect sense. Chuck and I are in the midst of a similar struggle. We have decided to P.U.S.H. pray until something happens. It will happen in his time! Waiting is hard.

As far as the "the next question to ponder"... I often judge my actions by what others thinks. I believe that in it's self can be good. That keeps us from doing many things considered socially unacceptable. Our peace of mind can only come from "the peace that passes all understanding," as long as the decision isn't a sinful one. Now I hope I'm the one making sense.

 
At December 15, 2007 at 4:06 PM , Blogger Tina and Jim said...

Andrea,

Thanks for your thoughts. I see others' responses to my decision/change as a balance. When I get or make the decision for the change (or not to change), and I have "the peace that passing all understanding", then the reaction of others is not a concern of mine, because of the peace from receiving my answer to the decision. I do see the need for others' views of my decisions important to my accountibility, but there again it is a balance. I'm sure now I don't make sense.

I will hold you and Chuck in prayer as you struggle with your burning inside and continue to hold Jim and myself in your prayers. The main prayer in all this for us and to see our answer I can state as follows, "Where will I/we best show that Christ reigns in my/our life? Place me/us there in that time and place." We too need to see the balance of waiting on the Lord and enjoy the blessings that He continually gives us through living our lives in Him. :-D

Thanks for the thoughts!

love ya

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home