Monday, September 17, 2007

Where two or more gather.....

What a weekend!!! I had the blessing of attending a Women of Faith Conference (WOF). I have gone in the past, but this year I was able to attend the preconference, which is a small group of women that hear speakers, usually two throughout the day. There is a time of praise, discussion, and talks. The evening begins with praise time, introduction of all the speakers and performers and some of the speakers begin their talks. It is a weekend full of all emotions on a huge scale. The Wachovia Center was packed (I guess there were a few seats empty, but for the most part it was packed). Thousands of women singing and praising God. Many different Christian backgrounds, but one common thread, the Love of the Lord. What a great experience. I highly recommend everyone to attend at least one. We have been going for a few years now and we already have tickets reserved for next September in Philadelphia. It is amazing, surprising, uplifting and sobering sometimes all at the same time, sometimes throughout the conference it is only one word that is said from the speaker or it is a song, or a one-one-one with one of your sisters that came to with you to the conference. I personally look forward to this weekend all year long. It is a night away for those of like mind!!! It is like a mini vacation, a pampering of your heart and tune-up for your soul, a fire for your lamp (I'll stop, but oh could I continue).

I'm so overly blessed that I could, well burst!!!! I drew much closer to many of my sisters that I've known for many years. I also had the privilege to get to know some of my sisters that, if it would not have been for our weekend away, I would not have gotten to know as well. Check out the website. It might be something that you would benefit attending. Have a blessed week!!!

womenoffaith.com

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2007 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I didn't know you blogged, Tina! I'm glad you found me! I enjoyed your last post about walking the sand dunes. We flew kites on those very same sand dunes last year sometime. It is a beautiful place! My family members that commented on my post after you did all said Hi. It is good to hear from you and I am looking forward to making this one of my regular stops. :) Thanks for the encouraging words about my talk to the college students. I don't know why, but I'm pretty nervous about it! We have a great campus ministry in our congregation, and it's getting even better. I would enjoy any insights or suggestions you have to continue to improve it. Hope you have a great day, and say Hi to your family for me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home