Thursday, September 6, 2007

God's blessing through living are lives

I can't believe it, but it's September already.

This past week has been filled with mixed emotions and blessings. Our dear friends lost a family member that had been suffering for awhile. The blessing is that she is now at peace and feeling no pain. The mixed emotions are she left behind a devoted family consisting of a husband, two daughters and a son, as well as grandchildren and brothers and sisters.

I had the opportunity to provide some meals for the family while they were together this week as well as assist with the food following the service. The outpour for our friends was such an applicable, yet simple way of how God's grace works. We didn't know many of those we served, but they truly felt special and honored to be there enjoying the feast that was provided and to celebrate a life of a loved one.

I also had the opportunity this week to have another dear friend over for a breakfast to discuss our upcoming trip to NYC!!!!! I have never done this before and I am truly looking forward to the experience. I guess I should say that I haven't gone without my husband and we only went to a show or Radio City Music Hall. My friend and I are going to see Wicked (awesome), but we plan to enjoy some sites earlier in the day and then find a place to eat dinner after the theatre and some more sites and of course some window and purchase shopping!!! We're leaving early in the morning and returning........later in the evening, just the two of us. We are both blessed to have supportive husbands and this is "our birthday gifts to each other" a day together. I'll share more about the trip when we return.

This next week I begin my private music teaching schedule again for the fall as well as my two ladies bible studies and I am going to play with a symphonic band in our state. I have wanted to get back into playing more consistently for years and I am able to this fall. All of these activities begin this coming week!!!

Another exciting event that is coming, but not until October is a "Girls Only Weekend". It will be here at our home and we're planning a time at the spa and lunch at a local Penera's (yum, yum), followed by (who knows) with a late dinner that we'll fix and enjoy at our home, hopefully much like what we would get at the Melting Pot. It will be a time of fellowship, fun, tears, great discussion, shared memories and a dip or two in the hot tub with some chick flicks possibly thrown in. Lots of estrogen that weekend.

Again, God has giving me daily blessings through serving others, celebrating family and friends and growing closer to Him through my personal walk.

Have a GREAT weekend.

1 Comments:

At September 9, 2007 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

I hope you had a great time in NY. I know your friend was really excited about the two of you getting to go. I can't wait to hear what you saw, where you ate and your thoughts on the play! Counting the days to Oct...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home