Sunday, September 2, 2007

Cashed In-Part 2





ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!


After the past week or so, I didn't know if I would be ready for some football. I am SO glad that I didn't let other things change my plans with having a night out with our son. Frankly, it was "the best medicine" I could have received. Here is our our Thursday went :-) Even writing about it I feel the excitement again.


We first went and visited dear friends who just had a major loss in their family. I was touched that Matt wanted to go with me and didn't hesitate about stopping by. We dropped off some food for incoming family members so our friends did not have the burden of preparing meals at this time.


We then left for Philly. Thursday night was my Mother's day gift from Matt, our son. It was fabulous. I "cashed in" on my May gift!!!
We ate dinner at Chickie and Pete's and watched the ending of the Phillies game on the large screens while we "dined". We then parked near the stadium and made our way to the gates. The stadium was the neatness thing for me to see once we were inside the stadium. Frankly the outer parts , where the concession stands and things are, look like any other convention area.
We had GREAT seats too, row 6 on the EAGLES side near the 20-yard line. We saw EVERYTHING. I was really surprised with the gift and touched that Matt thought I would enjoy. He was SO right. Even though the EAGLES didn't win, it was a super bowl night for me.


After our evening together, I gave thanks to God for the gift of our two wonderful children and how blessed we are to continually be involved in their daily lives. They stay in touch with us and we know that many their age rarely talk much to their parents and we enjoy time together doing things even with our full individual schedules. Thank you God. Our daughter, Megan and Jim went to a concert on the riverfront in Wilmington. It was Megan's idea to "go with her dad" since I had "other plans".


Living are lives together!! How great a God to give us these daily blessings.


Enjoy the pictures: activities before kickoff, the "aussie kicker", #5, and me and my date are some of the pictures that I was able to take.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home