Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Betwixt and Between

Today was an unusual day for me! I had time to do a few things that I usually don't get to during a normal day. As many of you know, I have completely another 7wk online class (actually this is week 7 and I'm a bit "ahead of the game), so I've started my reading week a few days early.




It has been a rainy cooler day and after some ironing and a few errands, I had the rest of the day to do whatever. I jumped at the opportunity. I thought I would read for "enjoyment", but I kept losing my train of thought, so I kept thinking, why not start some scrapbooking. I have not done much of it since our daughter and son-in-law got married and that's been almost 2 years now. I've been doing more quilting projects, etc. I have "collected" plenty of scrapbook accessories these past 2 years, but today I got some of the items out and started scrapbooking. It is a craft that when you start, you lose all track of time. I opted to begin once I knew what my plans and preparation for our dinner was in order.
I finished this evening feeling a great sense of fulfillment and pleasure. The memories of the times that the pictures I was scrapbooking gave me is one of the best reasons for anyone to learn or begin scrapbooking. This form of art/craft, allows an individual to recall very special times in their history. For me, it reminds me of how blessed my life is, even when some of the pictures are of losses, or disappointments, though most are memories of wonderful, special activities. It really puts my priorities in proper order when I am reviewing pictures and scrapbooking the memories.


The reason to blog tonight...I'm really not sure, but it could be that I enjoyed the evening so much, without deadlines, time crunches that fill so many of all our days. I honestly do try to keep my schedule in balance and this allows for less stress which can always give me trouble when I'm on "over-load", but I think doing a bit of scrapbooking was very therapeutic. I guess the reason for the blogging tonight is to say, get out those old pictures, if they're on the computer, print them out and start looking through them and remembering where you were, who you were with and what was the occasion. You mind will recall, will relax, will be stimulated.


I will begin my reading for my upcoming classes and studies in the morning, but I will also be setting time for recalling good/special, or even those not-so-good times through scrapbooking on a more regular basis...it won't be another 2 years until I scrapbook again.


Thank you Lord for the rainy day because, like a snow day, it slowed me down and put things back in line. I've "put time in" for my sanity stitching as I call my quilting and cross-stitch projects, but I also plan for time for picture enjoyment through scrapbooking.


Have a great rest of the week! See what you can do to make time for being creative. It truly is a refreshing aspect, or if you are more creative throughout your day, try something more logical and I'm sure that you will be refreshed.


This balance of time management is definitely not easy, but dismissing the feeling of guilt from your vocabulary, allows the doors of fitting in things you enjoy to do into your daily routine more personally acceptable.


My quiet time has been "in place" for a long time and I'm thankful that it is "just what I do", but I'm now trying to fit in times of hobbies more regularly. I like the results!!


Being betwixt and between is a good thing sometimes!! ~Tina






A Time for Everything


"There is a time for everything,
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."


Ecc 3:1-8

There is a Season

2 Comments:

At August 23, 2010 at 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you mentioned your scrapbooking you reminded me that I have to get going on my grandbaby's added pages for her scrapbook. I try to scrapbook her year for each birthday... and she's going to be 2 years old on September 5th. I think I'd better hurry!! :) So glad you enjoyed your free time. I like reading your blog! <3

Peace~ Andrea
xoxoxoxo

 
At August 24, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Andrea, I was working on an introduction scrapbook for our 1st grandson, who is due to enter this world the end of October. I plan to do a book for each grandchild, if we are blessed with others in the future. My freetime is far and few between, which when we were raising our children, I thought "this stage of life"...there would be more time for scrapbooking and those types of activities. I'm blessed with a full life and look forward to more events in this season of life!
~Tina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home