Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today we were changed!

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,..."~Psalm 139:13-15

Today we had the privilege to attend an ultrasound with our daughter and son-in-law!  What a life changing experience!  Besides the tears that filled my eyes and at times, rolled down my cheeks, throughout the whole experience (we call those tears Happy Tears in our home),we were able to see God's handiwork in motion!

Never before have I experienced anything like this!  We saw a little hands and even got a wave!  We saw not only the bones of the arms, legs, thigh, back, brain, neck, shoulder, feet, hands, but at some areas how they were joined together.  We witness the flowing of the blood through the little body and the heart pumping strong with a regular steady beat, as well as the flow of blood through the organs, including two healthy kidneys!  We witness turning and rolling, and then we saw the spine, ears, eyes, and even nostril wholes! We saw measurements being taken and all measures are in normal, or as they said "boring" aka-no problems levels!  We also were confidently told that we our first grandchild will be a BOY without any doubts :-D

We were witness to God's miracle of life today!  Our miracle of life through our daughter and our son-in-law's love and their commitment to God and each other.  All of this detail and our grandson is only 10oz in weight!  10oz...that is the closest miracle that I will ever witness.  Thank you Lord for this experience!!

We look forward to seeing our grandson, grow and grow over the next several months with anticipation of holding him in late October!  We have already fallen deeply in love with this little precious one and my heart is almost bursting already with love for him.

One of God's greatest gift on earth is the witnessing of seeing a child mature and grow and bond with his mother and father even before he is born!  I am so thankful for this opportunity today to witness and being introduced to our 1st grandson! 

The scripture above came to my mind as I was in the parking lot getting ready to leave the appointment today!  Happy Tears have been flowing alot for me today.  I'm so humbled, so eager, so ready for this next stage in our lives.This has been one of the best "livingrlives" day-to-day event yet!  Thank you Lord for your blessings of daily happenings and life changing moments.

~Tina (aka Mimi)  a very blessed woman

2 Comments:

At June 3, 2010 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Sean and Lisa said...

Tina how awesome you and Jim got to see your grandson!! I am so excited for all of you! Amazing isn't it that such a little being can so fill our thoughts and hearts in such a HUGE way. :) Every adoption has been like that. Before we ever held the child (or even in some cases, seen the child) God had already knit that child into my heart so deeply you'd have to look really hard to find the stitching to show the child wasn't mine by birth. (If that makes sense)

I love the relationship you have with your children and can't wait to see you as Mimi!! Of course, you are already Mimi right now but I mean with baby boy in your arms. :)

Continued prayers for health for Meagan and baby boy and for each of you as you await the miraculous day!
Much love!
Lisa

 
At June 3, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Lisa,

Thank you so much! It's a remarkable journey that God has us on!! We are cherishing all the moments.

Thank you for the continued prayers for Megan, Lindsay and their son! Matt is soo excited to become an Uncle.

~Blessings and prayers for you and yours,

Tina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home