Monday, July 5, 2010

Reflections

June 30, 2010 I turned "50"!!  Yes, I'm a half-century old, yes, I'm considered an antique...yes, I'm like a fine wine: better with age!!  Did turning 50 bother me...not in the least!!  I feel blessed to reach this milestone.  I'm in good health (except for the extra pounds that I seem to like too much to get rid of ), and I'm so blessed. 

My reflections on turning 50 were much different than what I expected them to be.  I woke up on the 30th and I was looking forward to all the activities that were planned for this special birthday.  While I was enjoying my breakfast and quiet time on our deck overlooking the wooded area in our backyard I had a thought.

The thought was one of disappoint.  I truly felt that I've not been living up to my potential as a Christian witness to others!  My heart immediately reflected on Jesus and his life while on earth.  He lived 33 years as a Christian example.  What an impact He made on so many lives in such a short amount of time.  He was only in the "professional business" for 3 years of His life.  His ministry was not only those 3 years, but his entire life. He had a plan from the beginning, just like I have a plan from my beginning.  God knew me before I was born, He had plans for me to choose and to use for Him.  (Psalms 139:13-15).

I rededicated myself on that morning, June 30th, to make a stronger effort to share "my story" of how He blesses my life, not just in those special moments, but in those daily "ah-ha" moments, those common moments that most see has just happenings, but that we as Christians need to see has God's little daily blessings.  I pray to have a greater impact for Him in my new season of life! May the Holy Spirit prick my heart to be a better witness for His purpose for my life! I'm so thankful for His Grace and Unconditional Love!

~Tina

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

2 Comments:

At July 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Dana said...

Okay, I would never want to stand in the way of someone's convictions and I was taught to respect my elders and you are an antique now and all ;) But, I just have to argue with you on this one..

I guess we can always do more but as someone that has never even met you in person and has been greatly affected by your life as a Christian, I think you're totally selling yourself short! And that's just you specifically, not even to mention the children that you have loved into spreading the story of Jesus..

I love you!

PS: Happy Birthday!!!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Dana! Thank you! I'm very proud and humbled at the "result" of our children and their strong faith that they both share and continue to cultivate. The examples of our walk definitely was a key to their development and I truly believe that they learned just as much from our failings as we walked our spiritual walk while raising them. I truly know that through all the opportunties that God gives me on a daily basis, I let more "slip through" then actually use to witness for him. My reflections are from those mis opportunities and as I said, I'm SOOOO thankful for His Amazing Grace and Love for me! I'm thankful that I've grown in my spiritual walk and see it more as a way of living rather than a structural limited religion. God is always there....I just want to realize it more often than not. I'm sure you get my point.

BTW, I'll never be too old to learn from someone younger.....I pray that prayer often....I hope to keep learning from all those that God places in my path! You have been a true blessing and I thank Him for you friendship!!!

Love and Hugs to you and yours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home