Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm I doing the best...

...I am in an indepth weekly Bible Study through an organization called BSF Bible Study Fellowship.  We are studying the book of  John.  The Lecture Speaker, Nancy was doing a presentation on the 4th chapter of John from verse 31-54.  She gave us several points that were useful, but the most interesting information was a list of 10 ways to see "What is God's Will For Me".  I wanted to share these points with you so you can further work towards your personal relationship with God.  I want all aspects of my life to represent what God's purpose is for my life.  He gave me this opportunity and I want to glorify Him with my life.  Check out these 10 points, I think they may be useful in your life too.


  1. Choose to do His will and make myself available
  2. Reconize the different kinds of works and different times (seasons) in our lives.
  3. Ask God specifically what He wants me to do: then Listen
  4. Examine my heart, what do I want to do, and does it glorify God
  5. Examine your abilities
  6. Watch for opportunities: when doors open gently push and watch what God opens
  7. Talk to someone who knows you well: get consult or advice
  8. Wait for God's timing; but not until everything is perfect
  9. Except a sense of peace with my decision
  10. Know that God desires to show me His Will for my life.
The speaker went into explanation of each of these points for better clarification.  These points are nothing new or unusal, but they can provide direction when there is a need in life for a more direction.

Romans 12:1-2 "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

This scripture basically sums up what I need to do to know what God's will is for my life.  A prayer could based on this scripture could be, "Show me God what you want me to do today.  Show me your will for me."  If we ask He will answer!   Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home