Sunday, November 15, 2009

Name that tune!!

There used to be a gameshow on television called "Name that Tune"!  You had the ability to "name that tune in 5 notes, in 4 notes, in 3 notes" and so on!!! 

Here is a "quiz" that I had in my "party files" that I thought could be fun to try.  Don't peek at the answers at the bottom until you try to name all the Christmas songs.  I LOVE Christmas music (I LOVE most kinds of music):  I begin playing it Nov. 1st - the evening of Dec. 25th!!  So this time for me is one of  "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year".  Have fun!!! Let me know (if you want to reply on the blog) how you did!  I got them all right the first time I did the quiz.




This is taken from a very old Reader's Digest. I do not know the date, etc. It is a RD Challenge.


Each line below is a clue to a well-known yuletide song. You'll have to decode some lofty language to come up with the carols, so if you're ready---get humming!!! (I'll give you the answers on "another note".
1. Listen to the celestial messengers produce harmonious sounds.


2. Embellish the interior passageways.


3. Twelve o-clock on a clement night witnessed its arrival.


4. The Christmas preceding all others.


5. Small municipality in Judea south of Jerusalem.


6. Omnipotent supreme being who elicits respite in distinguished males.


7. Nocturnal time span of unbroken quietness.


8. Obese personification fabricated of compressed mounds of minute crystals.


9. Tintinnabulation of vacillating pendulums in inverted, metallic, resonant cups.


10. In awe of the eventide characterized by religiosity.






I look forward to hearing how you did with the clues!!






~Tina














HERE ARE THE ANSWERS!!!


1. Hark the Herald Angels Sing




2. Deck the Halls


3. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear


4. The First Noel


5. O Little Town of Bethlehem


6. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen


7. Silent Night


8. Frosty the Snowman


9. Jingle Bells


10. O Holy Night


So how did you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home