Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Giving Thanks

Below is a poem about the upcoming holiday that I enjoy.  It is one of my favorite holiday.  It is a time to stop, see what God has blessed in my life in the past year.  It is a time to serve others, connect with family, friends, be comfortable in sharing my relationship with God to others.  Thanksgiving Time!


Wait a minute:  isn't that something that I should be doing in my daily walk!!!  I hope you see this time of the year as a time to get centered again, if you might have your priority list out of wack.  To me this time of year is a great reminder of what is important in my life.  I see my purpose more fully. My hope is renewed in the freshness of His grace.  May you/I be bold in our/my walk with God.  May you/I daily have Him as our/my center.  May others see more of Him and less of Me.  Have a blessed Thanksgiving. 


Thanksgiving and Christmas are great avenues to share with your neighbors, coworkers, strangers that happen to "come into your life" at this time. Share how God has blessed your life and how He can be the "filler" of their emptiness deep within.  All humans search for something to fill the gap.  Our gap as Christians, is filled with God's mercy, love, accountability, and grace.  Sometimes we can forget that others are searching for that.  Honestly most times, we realize this need in others, only when we are being refined through a trial, rather than polished and shining when things are going great! 


Be aware of the gift that God has given you and me with these special days of celebration. Be less stressed about the unimportant things and more eager to enhance the important things this holiday season!


For this we give Thanks by Raymond A. Foss

For this day and for this hour,
for the joys of family, and
time to spend together
for the love we share
this Thanksgiving Day
across the miles,
when we are apart,
and for the closeness
we share in our hearts


Oh grant the world
a bit of peace
this day of rest and
day of grace
May we pause and
think again
of the God that provides,
sustains, and guides us all
and give thanks

Praise and be thankful daily, but also be open to hearing God's directions in your praise and thanksgiving.
Ps. 69:30
I Thess 5:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home