Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I got it!!

My dress is here. It is beautiful!! It brings tears to eyes just thinking about it...I'm the mother-of-the-bride. Oh how my heart is full!! My mind is also on "over-load" with wedding things going through my mind and ways to do certain things, etc. Megan and I are having a wonderful time getting things ready for the day. In fact, I shared with a dear friend just this week, how Megan and I are enjoying this time and though we have always been close, we are finding
"another level" of our relationship as mother/daughter. It is one of a deep admiration, respect, deep friendship, and always unconditional love. I'm tearing so I need to stop talking/writing about it. I'm SOOO blessed. Things are coming together very well for the wedding.


Jim and I will be leaving for a little R&R on Saturday for the week. We're going to the Outer Banks, Nags Head, NC. We are taking a very close couple with us. We have a great time together and we have a terrific relationship so we also have time with just our spouses when we vacation together. It is such a blessing to have couple friends like that. We have been blessed with 2 couples in our marriage that we have been able to spend a week together, yet not together. (I'm sure that doesn't make any sense..but it does to me). Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share from our time away.

I begin my class, Sept. 8th, so I plan to take my book with me on vacation. The Tuesday night campus dinners (which I organize and get volunteers to donate an item or more of a particular meal for approx. 55+ college students), start Sept. 2nd.

Matt is not able to leave to spend time with us due to his work schedule. He is now Campus Minister for U of D and the students return next week.

Megan is not able to to come due to her new teaching job!!! She is a 7th-grade English teacher for Red Lion Christian Academy-Upper Level. She began this week with students beginning Monday, the 25th.

Just a few "little tidbits" from living R Lives Together.

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

Enjoy your trip!! I know how full your heart is. Today I woke Zach up and the emotions surprized me. I cried that I was waking him now as a teenager for the first time.

 
At August 21, 2008 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Dana said...

I'm glad you didn't take that wedding talk any further. I was already crying with what you did write! I hope you all have a wonderful trip! Thanks so much for all your love and encouragement as I journey through motherhood!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home