Friday, August 10, 2007

Just another day....or was it

Friday was not just another day in many ways, but in many ways it was just another day. I began with my quiet time and then proceeded to make some cassseroles for breakfast for a group of 35 or so, that our son is chaperoning for a day of fun 'n' sun at the beach.




After dropping off the food at the church building I went to my close friends' home to assist with preparations for a dinner/party for her husband, who turned 50 today!! After all the preparations were ready I came home, made my veggie side for the party and did some usual cleaning up and some quilting (I'm working on a king-size quilt that I personally pieced). Jim arrived home and we left for the dinner/party.




Basically, just an ordinary day, right!!! We had a great time of fellowship and fun with others at the party and enjoyed the celebration with our own children even present. The invitation was to a few close friends and family. Then, the last gift was a CD "down memory lane" that was given to both of our friends, by their daughter and son-in-law, because their wedding anniversary also is close to this significant birthday. We all enjoyed watching the CD, seeing how their lives together grew and two families became one. Many of the pictures caught my heart and teared my eyes, but then there were pictures of us, Jim and I with this couple, with the family, and though there were other friends at this party, the pictures were of us as part of the family. We love this family dearly and feel like they are truly our family. Tonight, we saw that even their adult children feel that we are there true family and know that we will always be there for them and theirs. That's what family does!!!!!




I know that God planned for us to meet this couple. Many years ago we were introduced to this family and instantly, we became like family. Our extended families even see how close we are and the bond that we share so deeply. God is so good to give us many types of relationships, but those of the inner circle kind are the greatest. Not many people find those closest types of friends, and to find a couple like that is a God-thing!!!! We are so blessed to have family so close to us that we can share in those "just another days". This day makes me think of a scripture in Colossians 3:14, "Love is what binds us together...."

Truly this was a remarkable day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home