Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cashed In-Part 1

Fathers' Day is in June, but some presents, at times, need to wait to be "cashed in". I was hoping to have a picture of what we were able to enjoy last evening, but my camera was taken to the "waiting tank" until the event was over :-( No photography allowed!!!!

Jim is a fan of Allison Kraus and the Union Station Band. I saw that she and her band were going to be making an appearance at the Mann Center in Philly, August 14th back in May. So I decided what a nice surprise and got the tickets for him as his Fathers' Day present! He was VERY happy with the card to say the least.

What a great live performance she gives!! I was amazed with the clarity of her voice as well as the instrumentation and the harmonies. Well, it was deliciously enjoyable to say the least. My first preference is not bluegrass type music, but she has a way of making it musically enjoyable. I would definitely see her again in concert.

Being a Tuesday night, we would have never taking the opportunity to do this if we would not have purchased the tickets. Afterwords I mentioned that these types of gifts are two-fold. We stopped the hustle-bustle of the week and enjoyed some terrific music as well as stopping the outside world and just enjoying something together. Even though there were thousands at this concert, Jim and I knew that her performance was for us only :-) It was a very good evening.

Another time to be thankful for the small daily blessings that God gives all of us throughout our days. Remember, we just have to recognize the blessing of the moment.

Be continually thankful,

Tina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home