Monday, October 6, 2008

Don't cry...

The bride-to-be (November 8, 2008) and the mother-of-the bride!

I just came across a great little saying and thought it was very appropriate at this time in my life.

"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened."

How simply stated, but totally true. This weekend was the last of the showers for our daughter's Megan upcoming wedding. It was hosted by her attendants and it was a total surprise to and for her. She was very touched and it was, again, another overwhelming, exciting, pondering event. I will share pictures of our day in at the end of the blog for you to enjoy. This shower was "extra" special because Megan's great-grandmother was able to attend as well as one of her Aunt's, in fact, the aunt that is decorating the entire church foyer and auditorium for the wedding ceremony. Nina, my sister, does a fabulous job of creating floral arrangements. It is a "hobby" of hers and she was eager to do this for Megan and Lindsay. To say the least we were very honored that she would want to do this for their special day.

Back to the phrase that caught my attention. Many people close to me are wondering "how I am going to be after the wedding because of all the preparation and activities that I have had the privilege to be involved in through this past year of planning. That statement is my prayer for what is "after". I know that tears will be shed (they have already and do while writing this "dabble of thoughts", but I truly don't see any need for worry or concern after the ceremony. We are blessed, Lindsay loves us and we truly love him. Megan is totally happy and secure in her relationship with Lindsay and they are secure in their love and commitment to each other and to Christ. How can I not be feeling good!?!?!?

I guess the main reason for sharing this "saying" with those that check out my blog is to help "remind me" when Nov 9th is here and I feel like, what am I to do at this point. Gently and loving say, "Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened". May I also add that we are also truly blessed to enjoy this wonderful event with our family and friends too.
Now that I think about this saying a bit more, it is applicable to so many circumstances. God gives us so many wonderful stages of like and when one is finished another is beginning!!
Here are some pictures from the shower on Sunday! May your moments be filled with tears and smiles :-D

A handmade tablecloth from Mammy (Megan's great-grandmother). Anessa Inman(matron-of-honor) in the background.



Megan and all but one of her attendants:(Megan, Heather, Anessa, and Amy).


Megan,Me, Mom, Mammy and Aunt Nina (I great blessing, 4 generations (Mammy, Mom, Myself, and Megan)

Megan with her "new sisters" and Mother-in-law. They are wonderful people. (Beverly-Lindsay's mother, Brigette and Julie-Lindsay's sisters).

1 Comments:

At November 10, 2008 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Dana said...

My guess is the thing you'll do now is patiently wait for grandchildren :). No seriously, it's definitely not over. My mother and I have always had a close relationship but after I got married, I had a new found respect and admiration for her. Then, a whole new level when I had Emma. I think it was when I stepped into adulthood, not by age but by responsibility that I truly valued her insight and appreciated her and then she truly became my best friend. My mother says all the time that these are the best times of her life.

Can't wait to see the wedding pictures!

Blessings,
Dana

PS: If you start to want those grandchildren before she's ready, come to South Carolina and I'll let you borrow my kids!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home