Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Renovations:  Lately, we've been doing renovations.  As a homeowner renovations are part of the privilege to be a homeowner, right?  We just complete a major renovation in our small, yet never-been-touched-before-now master bathroom.  You would think with the size of this project, it be done in a moments notice.  The actually renovations took several months, with the physical part being approximately two weeks.  There was much planning, from picking the tile to down to the toothbrush holder changing the patterns and colors, etc.  The hardest decision was the size of the vanity considering we didn't want to special order, but I also wanted plenty of storage space since it is such a small space.  As you will see below, I think we made great selections and we are enjoying the new upgrades.



As we were undertaking this newest physical project (In February), I was also having a spiritual renovation upgrading working on my heart about starting a small group Bible study in our home. I had been missing my involvement with leading women since I stepped down several years ago and thought with my present schedule what way could I serve women that I love to do, grow in my own spiritual walk, and also be inspired to encourage others and be encouraged at the same time.  

So I decided to "throw" the idea out to several ladies ages ranging from the early 20's to the late 60's and see if an indepth study would be of any interest.  The response was overwhelming!  Though some ladies weren't able to commit at this time, they continue to support the group through receiving updates on our closed Facebook page as well as hopefully being able to participate in the future.  This Monday will be our 3rd week together (we meet bi-weekly) in this 5-week study series. I am so blessed and encouraged by these ladies and their support and especially their love for the Lord.  

It was a perfect timing to begin this spiritual renovation.  Through this event of dual-renovations I have seen many similarities in our physical bathroom renovation and my personal spiritual renovation:

In preparation for our bathroom renovation it had to be stripped down to the bare studs.  All things were removed and stronger, more efficient as well as updated objects were used to replace the old.  In preparation for the spiritual renovation I needed to lay it all out before God and ask Him to direct me to where I can best serve Him now and to the best of my ability.  I had to also make myself, open our lovely home to others that I may not have opened to as soon if not for this study.  I had to be more diligent in the Word then before, which is making me be more wise with my time throughout the day.  I frankly needed to upgrade my spiritual quite time and this study "forced" me to get back on track!  I love how God works through others to provide clear eyesight to the one that is struggle with seeing clearly!  

Romans 12:2 reads: "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the "renewing" of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing and perfect will." Change is not always bad, especially when it is to do better in one's personal walk with our Lord.  Change is not easy, it usually takes giving up something to make the difference (change).  It may even mean you must work a bit harder to achieve the change.  Though we are in the process of the renovation of change, we might have a "leak in a pipe" that makes the process go a bit longer then you were expecting it to take, but in our renovation of renewal, God's timing is perfect and the end result will be the outcome of His perfection for the renovation.

The study that we are becoming renewed through these 5 weeks is Entitled,  "A Dare to LIVE FULLY Right Where You Are"~ One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp.  It is a study that stretches your personal walk in ways that you sometimes feel guilty even thinking, but then in the next moment it motivates you to want to keep seeing life through the many gifts that He provides in every day and in every circumstance or renovation that we come in contact with in our day-to-day happenings.

Aww Renovations; beginning or finished are a gift. (Another addition to my list of 1000 gifts!)  I also hope to become more consistent in my blogging again.  I am not a perfect writer, but I have a heart to encourage others through my experiences, whether it be a happy moment, or one of great sorrow.  Sharing through blogging is not only good for the "author", but in this case, the author prayers it is good for the reader (with grammatical errors and all).


Have a great week and try to see the beauty in every day no matter how great or how small.

1 Comments:

At June 12, 2014 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Jim said...

Tina, I enjoyed reading this post. Thank and love you! Jim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home